Saturday, October 12, 2013

Conference Lunch

We watch General Conference a week late in the Philippines and today is the day that all members travel to ward or branch buildings to watch the Sunday sessions. We are given an hour break between the morning and afternoon sessions for lunch. So today we invited the elders who are serving in our building, Las Pinas 1st and 2nd Wards, over for a quick lunch between the sessions.
Everything was ready - in crock pots and rice cooker - when we arrived at the mission home.
 
 
I love cooking for the missionaries! I especially enjoy the "Ahhs" and the "Yum's" that come from the elders. They are quickly learning that if they make a big deal out of something I bake - well, they receive more.
Heavenly Father works that way too. The more we acknowledge His love and care for us, and we are Filled with Gratitude, He will bless us with more than we can imagine.

1 comment:

  1. I love that analogy of gratitude and receiving more. That is definitely true! Thanks for this picture. Elder Matina is my son. Thanks for taking good care of him there . . . and me through this blog. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete