Friday, May 16, 2014

Quarterly Interviews

The very first quarterly interviews for the Philippines Cavite Mission took place in July, 2013. At that time we had 88 missionaries and
6 zones. I remember how exhausted we were after completing those 6 days of interviews. 

Now, just 10 months later, we have 10 zones and 204 missionaries. (Including senior couples) We still complete all interviews in six days, but we see 2 zones per day, (only one on Friday's) and are busy from 8:00am - 8:30pm. The moment we walk thru the mission home door, President and I each find our own horizontal surface. We take off our shoes, and lay down to rest.

The missionary interviews are the most sacred and spiritual moments of our calling. Our time with each missionary is looked forward to and loved. President has a personal interview with each elder and sister. I also visit with them, but my time is centered around family and health; plus this time I asked them to share a favorite scripture with me. The Spirit is strong during interviews - and I believe this is why President and I become so exhausted by the end of the day. It is not physical, but spiritual. The zone leaders are very organized and move the missionaries through in a timely manor so that they may return to the Lord's work within a reasonably short amount of time. It's really pretty amazing - the whole process - if you really think about it.

Here are the pictures I took of our May interviews. I do not have a picture of every missionary or every Zone. Sorry if your son or daughter was missed. I could only take a few breaks during the day and I snapped a picture of who was there at the time. 

CARISSA ZONE

NAIC ZONE 


BACOOR ZONE
 

MOLINO ZONE

SILANG ZONE

DASMARIÑAS ZONE

CAVITE ZONE
 

In the month of July 2014, one year from our starting date, we will have approximately 236 missionaries. During the coming months more zones will have to be split, more apartments will need to be prayed for and found, and interviews will take longer - but what a grand experience this year has brought us.

No comments:

Post a Comment