Friday, November 7, 2014

November MLC

We had another great MLC today. Sometimes I wish I could record the whole day - EVERYTHING! From 9:00 a.m. when the first missionaries arrive, until 4:30 p.m. when I wave goodbye to the last few who are leaving. Included would be the elders and sisters helping in the kitchen and putting all the furniture away. I would record the hymns that are sung and the talks that are given, plus the way everyone loves to hang out in the kitchen and take pictures of the full pantry. I don't ever want to forget the moments and the feelings. I don't ever want to forget how much they love us or we love them. I don't ever want to forget their ideas, their testimonies, or their love of missionary work. I wish the pictures could show it all so you could feel it too! 
 
We had a Thanksgiving lunch today.
I always post pictures of the food I make - it's not an ego thing, but it is a journal thing. This blog is also my journal, and someday I am going to look back on these pictures and say to myself, "Oh my, did you really cook all that food for the missionaries? Are you crazy?" Yessiree to both questions. No wonder my knees are shot! But I would never ever do it any differently. Look how happy they are!
(I just noticed that practically all of the pictures in this post involve eating the food. Oh My, indeed!)

This is Elder Cauilan. He told me that he has never ever had turkey before. He loved it so much that he even put some on top of his ice cream for dessert. I love that! Thanks you Elder Cauilan for making me so happy today.

 
 
 
 
 Elder Atkinson on the far right was bit by something on his eyelid last night. When he arrived at the mission home I gave him an antibiotic and some ibuprofen, but he is still in a lot of pain. He is a good sport for being in the picture. 
And, of course, nothing says Paalam better than one more food picture. Lemon and brownie/Reeses cupcakes. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment