Monday, February 8, 2016

The Great Cookie Bake Off

Once every three months I spend a couple of days in the kitchen baking a multitude of cookies for the missionaries. A multitude equals out to 28 cookie sheets - or roughly 672 bar cookies. By the time I have finished, my legs and feet are pretty sore. But I love having the freezer full of cookies.
I have a few different recipes I like to make, but the favorite is my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe. Sometimes I change it a little by adding different ingredients like M&M's, Oreo's, butterscotch or white chocolate chips, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crushed pretzels, nuts, or whatever sounds good.
 Transfer the mixed cookie dough to a cookie sheet and bake.
(Above is chocolate dough with peanut butter chips) 
 Five sheets completed and 23 to go. 
 I also do sugar cookies this way.
 
 Ready for the freezer.

 I cut off the uneven edges of the baked cookies, along the sides of the cookie sheet so that they will pack easier for freezing. Because of this, I end up with what President Tye and I call "Cookie Bones." These are put into an ice cream bucket - A Bucket of Bones - and also frozen. Here is a picture of some bones.


The mission home has a large sized Kitchen Aid mixer and a small white hand held mixer. I have a nick name for the little one - I call it Eva because it reminds me of the robot in the Pixar movie Wall-E. So Cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment