Friday, February 1, 2013

A Call From President Uchtdorf

We started out the new year with another phone call from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but this time we had been anticipating it. The good news was that I didn't completely zone out this time - I was alert and coherent when I heard the secretary say, "Sister Tye, President Uchtdorf would like to visit with you and Br. Tye on Friday January 4th at 9:00 a.m. Will this work for you?"
We arrived at the Administration Building on that Friday morning feeling very nervous and also extremely calm. We were fasting and I know that provided the strength to allow the calmness to overtake the nerves!
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf extended the call as Mission President to Doug, then I received a call as a missionary and a companion to my husband. I liked the 'companion' calling - I thought that was really neat! We were sealed as eternal companions 35 years ago in the Salt Lake Temple, but to have one of the First Presidency identify our companionship as a calling, gave me a better understanding of my duty and responsibility to my husband. We were also told that we would preside over an English speaking mission. 

What an amazing few months this has been for Doug and I. We never dreamed that we would be so fortunate in our lifetime to have two personal interviews with, and sit across from a member of the Twelve Apostles and a counselor in the First Presidency of the Church. We are so thankful to our Heavenly Father for this opportunity and pray that we will be worthy of His continued love and confidence in us.


No comments:

Post a Comment